Pages

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Love and deathbed repentance

A few days ago one of my students brought me this.  She said she didn't have any wrapping paper, so she used tinfoil.

I said I thought tinfoil made great wrapping paper.

I can't emphasize enough how much tape was used in this wrapping job.

Inside was a pretty + colorful picture and another small package that was a little bag of oyster crackers (why?) taped excessively to another little pouch.


When I finally managed to pull all the tape apart, the separate pouch was Kleenex surrounding colored marshmallows on toothpicks.  In rainbow order.  

It was just so random and so sweet and I loved the great deal of effort she made to create it for me.

***

Parent teacher conferences are coming up in a few weeks and I may or may not have reminded them of that a few times.  

"What do you think your mom will say when I tell her that you just spent 5 minutes putting on lip gloss instead of getting to work?"

Things like that.

The queen of all the girl drama and the one who is almost always chatting when she shouldn't be, gave me this.  I 100% know it is because parent teacher conferences are approaching.


These kids delight me.

I'm never going to let eny one let me down!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I hope she doesn't let you down either!

Olivia Cobian said...

I like that--I'm in charge of whether eny one lets me down or not.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails