Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Serendipity

Adam and I often drive by a vintage shop in Pleasant Grove.  On Saturday I said, "I want to go there sometime."

Adam (because he's always game) asked, "Do you want to stop right now?"

I declined because I had to prepare to host a party.

Yesterday I got home and the cleaners were still at our house.  I decided it was my moment.

It is a little store with even smaller booths, but all the pretty things gave me the hit of dopamine that I've been missing by not going to Snohomish, Washington on a regular basis.

In the winter I have lights on the mantle and then when I change stuff out, I take away the lights, but it still gets dark.  I decided I wanted a lamp.  At the vintage store, I got two lamps because I liked them both and I was not sure which one I would want to use.

I decided I liked this little guy on the mantle.  Still not sure about the overall arrangement....


I put this one on the piano.  Still not sure about the overall arrangement....


I found a few other tchotchkes but my favorite find was this:


It's a 1926 copy of the book!  Adam read Winnie the Pooh aloud to me when we were dating.  Our children adore it and now Braeden and Anna read it to QE.  She loves it too.

It's kind of our family book.

Also, it delighted me because it was from a school library in Maine.


The thrill of the hunt!  I love finding treasures I didn't know I needed.

I came home and Adam was home.  He had come home early to prep for bishopric meeting.  He had noticed though that the disposal under the kitchen sink was leaking.  He took it all apart and spent about an hour cleaning and reassembling because it was really gross and stubborn.

When he was finished, he asked me to fill the sink and let it drain so he could make sure it was not going to leak.  I said, "I'm impressed you even know how to do this.  I would have no idea how to fix that."

He said, "Well, first I get a little mad and then I figure it out."

I guess that's a good formula for success!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails