Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

National Do Nothing Day

National Do Nothing Day was on January 16 (really, Google it).  Along with Martin Luther King Day we are observing it today.

This is what doing nothing looks like (except notice the tell-tale Wii remote in Braeden's hand).




At first I thought I'd spend the entire day in my pajamas...or better yet in my bed.

Then I started thinking of the unwelcome backlog I'd have tomorrow if I truly did nothing.

So a few maintenance chores are in order.

Then I guess I'm my parents' daughter.  I can't really do nothing.  So in addition to reading a lot and renting a movie to watch with my kids...they're already lazing on the furniture so they're ready...I'm going to bake some bread and purchase some songs from itunes with the card I found in my stocking on Christmas morning.  I may bake a cake.  I'll stop at the library.

Instead of nothing, I'll do only what I want and things I've been wanting to do but haven't had time.

And Do What You Want Day is infinitely better than Do Nothing Day.

So I'm happy.

(and it's not raining)

1 comment:

Cnbztribe said...

Sounds a lot like what we did around here. I can't just do nothing either, but I did do what I wanted. (After I did some laundry of course). Here's to having a great and productive day today!:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails