Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Why I Love It

Adam is scheduled to go on a business trip to Grand Forks, ND where Amazon.com has some offices.


photo courtesy gfpeck


North Dakota.

Last night I asked him why North Dakota.

I don't think he really had an answer because he said, "Why not?"

It was then my turn to not have an answer.

Except for when I think of North Dakota I think of cold.  Bitter cold.  I am sort of intrigued though.  Sparsely populated places that a lot of people would find uninhabitable entice me a little bit.  Maybe because of where I grew up.

I think my little sagebrush scented corner of Nevada is God's country and I'm sure there are people in North Dakota that feel the same way about their home.

But I heard on the radio the other day that with the wind chill it was -52 degrees in Bismark, ND.

Right now, it's 15 degrees in Grand Forks.

And right now, it's 49 degrees here.

It may be rainy and at times so dismal that the only way I can summon any gumption is to turn on every light switch and light up some candles too, but it's 49 degrees.  At 8:50 a.m. on January 13.

A reason Why I Love It.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails