Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Why I Love It

Last night Adam told me that one thing he likes about his job is the view of the Puget Sound he gets all day.  He said, "We're so lucky to be so close to the water."

(Adam may or may not be an amphibian.)

I thought about it last night and wondered when was the last time I'd even seen the water that we live so close to.

Too long.

So today we hit the road and drove to Mukilteo.  In a case of extreme serendipity, it was a sunny day.

In January.

In a case of the opposite of serendipity...I forgot my camera.

I wish I could have documented what a glorious day it was.  There were birds swooping and chirping.  Boats and the ferry, children toddling over driftwood that brought back fond memories of when my children used to toddle.  Mark climbed as high as he could on the playground (not very high...it's made for little kids) and Mark and Braeden added onto a fort someone else had already made out of driftwood.  (Mark's going to live there when he grows up, he's decided.)

Emma found a seat on a log and started to sketch.  She never leaves home without either a drawing pad or a notebook.

She asked me to hold her paper while she went to hang upside at the playground and I decided if I couldn't snap a photo, I'd draw a picture of the pretty scene.

I'm not much of an artist but it was fun to try.


Can you tell that's Whidbey Island?  Well it is.

Here are some of Emma's driftwood drawings as well.



 




(I'll take my camera next time.)


We went to Tin Fish for lunch because we were in the neighborhood and I think Tin Fish tacos and french fries doused in malted vinegar may be the best food in the world.  Emma had to order a cheeseburger (she's against seafood except salmon, she declares) so that takes a longer time.  Who orders a hamburger at Tin Fish?

I went to the Rose Hill Chocolate Company which is right next door while we waited.

They're for later:



We can't taste test them without Adam.

I came home a happier woman.

I'm glad I live here.  I'm glad I have the freedom to jaunt to the beach occasionally to search for seals (I did see one).  I'm glad there are such things as fish tacos and chocolate in the world and I'm glad to share my life with these three and their marvelous dad.




Mark loves to kiss me.  He wants to kiss me between every math problem.  I don't mind in the least.




I convinced them to take pictures with me (since I'd forgotten my camera) but only after I'd let Mark do this:




the good thing about bubble wrap is that it eventually gets popped and the firecracker sounds cease


And allowed some goofy photo booth pictures with these two.




Yes, I love it here.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thelma, you a great artist and so is Emma. I wish we could have gone to the water and witnessed the sunshine with you. We've heard the wind blow all day and I'm growing weary of it. The chocolates made me hungry and sad that I finished off the last of my chocolate covered cherries this morning when Luke woke me too early. (it's better for the diet plan to have them gone, but what will I do tomorrow morning if I'm pounced on too early?...)

PS - Isaiah was incredulous that Mark was wearing HIS shirt. I convinced him that his was still here, but he was a little suspicious.

Hannah Stevenson said...

OK that post was MURDER to a woman on weight watchers! I think I literally drooled on my keyboard when I saw the chocolates and then the description of the fries with vinegar?! WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO!

I love that Mark loves to kiss you. You look so beautiful in all of these photos (except for the last one maybe?).

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a thing, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of financial piramyde, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For several years , I make money with the help of these programs.
I don't have problems with money now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only.
Right now, I managed to catch a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Visit my blog to get additional info.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Janet said...

It WAS a lovely day, wasn't it!

The lady at the Tin Fish was right . . . I can't stop thinking about those tacos! (and vinegar fries too.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails