Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Put Another Candle on the Cake

I was a little startled when he went from a sweet bald baby (with a big head)...




To a curly headed toddler (with big expressions)...




Then he changed to a showy wag (with superhero tendencies)...




Somehow from there he became a cub scout (with earnest desires to earn ranks)...




But this is new altogether.

The boy with the quick wit and amiable nature, who tends to be bossy and inquisitive (and who is every day closer to being as tall as me)...




Is thirteen?

Is he old enough to be a teenager?

Am I old enough to be the mother of a teenager?

Apparently so.


Last night I told Adam that starting tomorrow he and I are going to be a whole lot dumber.  Braeden said, "I'm not going to be like that!"  We'll see.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails