Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Why I Love It


a thai restaurant in vancouver, b.c.

Marriage is not merely sharing one's fettuccine, but sharing the burden of finding the fettuccine restaurant in the first place.
Calvin Trillin


Adam and I love eating out.  Besides talking about Everything Else, we talk a lot about the restaurant in general.  I was a waitress in the summers when I was in school so I think that entitles me to opinions on service.  Also, I have opinions on atmosphere that Adam patiently listens to.  I am bugged by decorations if they are tacky.  I don't like restaurants that feel cold.  We talk about the food, we discuss guesses on ingredients.  We talk about what we'd serve if we ever had a restaurant.  I always order the same thing and Adam never does.  We share bites.  We get refills on our diet cokes.

Here are some of the restaurants we love (I'm not sure you care...but I won't know if that's the case, you'll just stop reading... so I can proceed).

If you live here too, go to:

Fancy Shmancy:

Arnies or Anthony's.  They're a lot alike.  Amazing food.  Expensive.  I think Arnies is better because they have creme brulee.  We go to the less expensive "Sunset Suppers" when we infrequently indulge in this good stuff.

Pizza: 

Alfy's (our go to, always), Peppered Pizza (it's greasy and thin crusted and sublime), Pegasus Pizza, and our favorite:  Diamond Knot.  The kids can make their own pizza.  I always get the Old Darby calzone.  I have no idea what or who an Old Darby is.

National Chains:

We mostly don't gravitate to these...we've never left Applebee's or Olive Garden without feeling disappointed.  We do like Baja Fresh (although it always feels cold there...even on the hottest day...it's all the black and white), Chipotle (I'm in love), and Red Robin.

Mexican:

Azteca and even better, El Paraiso (I love their homemade tortillas, I don't love that I can't pronounce it correctly.  I told Olivia the name once and she looked at me like I was crazy then said, "Oh do you mean, El Paraiso?"  It sounded completely different when she said it and I can't duplicate it.  Darn.)

Thai:

Lanna Thai and Thai Valley.  These are two I can think of that are close by but I will happily eat my showering rama anywhere.  Throw in some fresh spring rolls and some fake purple orchids on the table and I'm happy.

Seafood:

Tin Fish (the first time I went, the lady who owns the place told me people stay up at night thinking about their fish tacos.  She wasn't lying.  They're that good.)  Also Ivar's...for clam chowder and fish and chips.

Other:

King's Pita (it's a little hole in the wall place somewhere-in-Everett that I couldn't find without Adam.)  They're only open during the day.  They sell enormous pitas filled with goodness.

The Spotted Cow.  It's a great spot for ice cream and hot chocolate.  What more do you need in life?

Piccadilly Circus in Snohomish...when you need some bangers and mash in a place that feels a little like a London pub.

And this all adds up to one of the reasons....why I love it here.

3 comments:

Micah said...

Okay this makes me want to visit you. I love food and I love talking about food and I love going to a place where all you have to do is give them money and they will bring you delicious food.

Micah said...

oops. That was really me, camille. Hey look I'm in the bottom corner of Micah's profile picture sort of!

Olivia Cobian said...

I'm hungry.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails