Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

And the Winner Is...

This morning I grabbed my nearest child--it happened to be Braeden--and had him draw a name for the shoe drawing.

He's was witness to my glory day when I won the shoes on Christie's blog.  She included a picture of the drawing.

Braeden insisted I get the camera out.


Notice the sweatshirt...go Seahawks!  Worst football team in the nation (or close to it, I only hear about football second hand).


And the winner is:



It says Alena Jo if you can't read it.  When you couple two sets of shaky hands and a mediocre camera, you get a blurry Alena Jo.  Sorry.

Here's a little story for you:

Alena grew up here.  She was friends with my sister-in-law Megan and knew all the family.  (I am pretty sure her mother helped with the food at our wedding reception.)

Alena's sister Audrey is my friend and in our ward currently.

I don't know Alena though.  She found me from a link on my cousin Hannah's blog.

Can you beat that?

In other news, I don't think I'm cut out for blog giveaways.  In addition to not being very good at drumming up interest (at least interest with small enough feet), I wanted EVERYONE to win.  Every time I got a comment I'd think, "I hope that person wins!"

Only one pair of shoes.

Rats.

Thanks to all of you for playing though.  If I had more exquisite pink sandals they'd find their way to your door.

Alena, send me your mailing address and the shoes are yours!

XXXX to you all and especially Diane for the shoes, Christie for picking me and my cousin Hannah for being my cousin Hannah.

5 comments:

Christie said...

I'm so happy they're going to a good home. They were just lovely.

Crystal @ Semi-Crunchy Mama said...

I'm looking forward to reading about the shoe's new adventures! You know what's been so much fun about this, for me? I was introduced to your blog from your cousin's post on her blog, and now you're introducing us to another new blog. What a fun way to get to know other bloggers!

lajamison said...

Congratulations to Alena Jo. Maybe I'll travel over to her blog and try to get them the next time.

diane said...

And the fun continues. Looking forward to more shoe love adventures. Thanks for playing.

Alena Jo said...

Hi Thelma! Got the shoes yesterday. Thank you so much for the cute card and scrumptious chocolate pretzels! You're awesome! I posted just now, about getting the shoes, and I linked to your blog.

I loved reading about your adventures while wearing them. I continue to read your blog (love it) but I feel bad because I don't always have time to comment. I usually think I'll get back to comment later, but never do.

Anyway. Thanks for the shoes. It'll be fun to see where they go next, too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails