Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Pineapple Express

 ...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR MUCH OF WESTERN WASHINGTON THROUGH
SATURDAY AFTERNOON...
 
 



Along with loving page protectors and chapstick, I love weather. Adam asks me for weather forecasts and sometimes Janet does too. Because I like weather.  I also love maps so looking at weather forecasts combines the two loves: weather AND maps.

It's OK if you think that's a little nerdy.

Our weather forecasters around here are wrong. A lot. It's either really hard to predict weather here or we get pretend meteorologists that don't really know what they're doing. I'm not sure.

But last night I heard tell of a pineapple express. It means warm rain. Plenty of rain. It means flood watches. It means dark skies. It means I'd better get an IV drip of vitamin D.

Yesterday we went to the library at 11:00 a.m. and the parking lot lights were still on. It was that dark.

Adam told me that Phoenix gets more rain than Seattle in the summer.

A lot of good that does me in January.

Last night I told Adam I wanted to take a trip.

He said, "You mean this winter?"

I said, "I mean tomorrow."

"Where?"

"Somewhere where the sun is shining."

He said, "It is COLD in other places."

Not in Palm Desert.

I said, "So can we go?"

"Where?"

"Palm Desert. Tomorrow."

He said sure.

I'm not positive that he was being serious.

I was.

While I'm waiting for Adam to buy the plane tickets (hope springs eternal), here's something to keep Seasonal Affective Disorder at bay:


summer...it will return

2 comments:

Robert Johnson said...

Thanks for the comment. It's not too warm here but It's sunny. You could come visit us. We are way more fun than anyone at Palm Desert!

I'm actually Clarissa, not Robert. I'm too lazy to sign out. We have a lot of problems with Google ID's at our house. We have like a whole bunch of different ones!

Deseret said...

This isn't really Desi, it's Marianne. We Johnsons get lazy that way.

An IV drip of Vitamin D?!? That made me laugh out loud. What a clever sister.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails