Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Books I Read in May

Veiled by S.B. Niccum **

This book had a s-l-o-w start but became more interesting.  It's an imagined look at life before we came to earth.  There were some interesting and thought provoking aspects.

Bed and Breakfast by Lois Battle **

I'm not incredibly picky when it comes to reading so this book was OK.  It's about a family with various levels of dysfunction.  The mother ran a bed and breakfast in the South. Her three daughters were awful to each other.  The characters weren't terribly likable which matters to me. 

Matched by Ally Condie***

This book had a Hunger Games feel to it.  There is the Society which is oppressive and has created an almost Utopian society with no troubles--no illness, no poverty, etc.  Also, there was very little choice or creativity.  It was a compelling story and made me appreciate the ability I have to prattle along on my blog to my heart's content.  It doesn't end in a nice tidy way and there's a sequel that isn't out yet.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails