Pages

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Family

Yesterday Adam and I went to Brown Bear car wash and washed Hootie (the name I have given the big WGU van which may or may not stick because Adam isn't exactly on board).  It was the kind of car wash where you get out and use the brushes and hoses manually and it was pretty satisfying because the dead bugs couldn't compete with whatever soap was in those brushes. 

We stopped at Fred Meyer (which we miss) for snacks because we were going to be descending on Geri for the next few days and wanted to contribute a little bit food wise.  It was nice to be in Fred Meyer again, but things are expensive here compared to Utah!

We spent the afternoon at Geri's house.  Adam went outside and worked on the deck in the sunshine and Whitney and I pinned some pot holders she is making and we visited.  Megan got home from work and Scott and Brian came for dinner.  It is fun when the five siblings get together.  We ate burgers on the deck. I sat on the end of the table with Scott and Brian and enjoyed laughing and talking with them.  We talked about the first time I went to Seattle and met them (almost 29 years ago!) and I told Brian, who is an expert driver of big dirt moving equipment professionally about my excavator experience.  Brian's girlfriend (who we all really like), Sam, was there and when she found out that Adam and I will have been married 28 years this summer, asked, "What is your secret?"

I pointed to Adam and said, "Being married to him."

She pointed to Scott and Brian and said, "Then what happened to them?!?"

Brian said that Adam took all of the whatever it was and Scott said to Sam,  "Hey! Why are you lumping me in this group? I've never dated you."

After this much time brothers-in-law are basically brothers and I like when we all get together.

The boys left and Jackson and his girlfriend (who we all really like), Jenna, were still there.  We watched some Eurovision songs from 2021 because that is the random stuff that Adam pulls up on Youtube.  

It is fun to be together with our family.  I'm grateful for it all.

Megan, Whitney, Adam, Geri, Scott, Brian


Adam and I went back to our hotel and Adam is on a meeting call right now and later I have a playdate scheduled with Janet.  

Pretty much living the dream.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails