Pages

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

I cried

 We went to the Barbie movie last night.  Braeden and Anna had already been to the movie (Emma too!) so Anna stayed home with QE, but the rest of us went.  We wore pink or pink adjacent clothes:


Adam was parking when we took the picture.  Emma brought the star shaped pink glasses and pastel makeup like only Emma can do.

I have heard all sorts of things about the movie.  I think you can shape it into whatever message you want to receive.  I found it joyful.  To me, it was about how great it is to be alive.  It was about how great it is to be a mother and a daughter.  It was about we all just need to be nicer to each other.  It was about we are all doing the best we can.  

I laughed and I also cried (kind of a lot).

This morning, our guests left.  I took QE out on the deck so her parents could pack up.  We made the wind chimes go.  We played peek a boo.  I sang to her.  We listened to the birds.  At one point she looked straight up at the sky and said, "Wow."

I was sad to say good-bye.  I cried (just a little).

Adam and I need to plan a trip to California!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails