Pages

Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Oh, what do you do in the summertime?

I am listening to one book and reading another.  I am trying to squeeze it all in.  I read 6 books in June (I read only one in March, for reference).

I started this needlepoint when I was somewhere between 8-10 years old?  Maybe?  My mom gave it to me recently when she was doing her big purge/clean up.

I finished it yesterday.


See that little extra ridge of blue on the right?  Little girl Thelma was not any more fastidious than 50 year old Thelma.  I never have been that good at precision.  It is definitely not rectangular even without those three extra rows of sky.  I found this red frame in the basement when I did my own clean up, but I don't know if it will fit.

Especially since the back looks like this.  I'm not sure what to tell little girl Thelma.  


  

I went to three grocery stores yesterday (one I went to twice).  I needed to go to Macey's for gluten free hot dog buns (4 for $6.99--regular hot dog buns were 8 for $.99).  They are expensive, but they make up for it by not tasting as good.

I went to Smith's for good produce.

Adam and I went to Winco for everything else.  Then we stopped at Smith's again, because I'd noticed earlier that Diet Dr. Pepper had been on sale.  Later, it had occurred to me that I should have bought some because I told Mark that if he kept all my plants alive for two weeks, I'll buy him Dr. Pepper.  

So now I have it purchased, in hopes that all my plants are alive.

I have all these people to feed and several moving pieces for the next month.  July is going to be a wild ride, but a really good ride.  I will have lots of time with Adam (and Braeden and Anna and QE).  

Walking into the store, the weather really and truly felt like summer.  I could feel the heat shimmering up off the pavement.

It was a thunderstorm by the time I got home.  The wind blew and the tree branches danced.  The sky went dark.

Perhaps the most summer thing of all is that I keep telling Adam everything isn't going to fit in the car and he keeps telling me it will. 

Happy 4th of July!  I'm looking forward to a fireworks panorama from our deck.




 

3 comments:

Geri said...

A little more blue sky is a blessing. Remember you have extra room in the car without three kids and also a Master Packer. Enjoy the reunion.

Mark Dahl said...

I'm glad you are looking forward to fireworks. I didn't think you liked them.

Mark Dahl said...

I am so glad you finished that needlepoint.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails