Pages

Monday, July 24, 2023

Weekend

Friday we went to Salt Lake City and to the Conference Center.  QE loved seeing all the pictures of Jesus and the replica, smaller Christus statue that is there was a big hit.  She was so excited and kept saying, "Jesus! Jesus!" She held out her arms like she wanted Him to pick her up.  She is a delight.

On Thursday, Emma had decided for sure to move back home and on Saturday, we moved her.  Sometimes adult children are hard.  That is all.  Other times, like Saturday, they are pretty great.  Adam, who has had back to back trips the entire month of July was sick.  Down and out.  We made him stay in bed and stay home.

The rest of us (except Anna, who took care of QE) moved Emma. 

It was slightly tricky at times because both Braeden and Mark are alpha males, but Braeden is ultimately THE alpha and he prevailed. They both had opinions on how to pack the cars.  Also, Braeden has whatever Adam has for packing.  It was amazing.  In addition to all of Emma's clothes and kitchen stuff, we packed a tall bookshelf and smaller bookshelf (and all the books), a big dresser, a pretty big electric piano + piano bench, a desk, her full size mattress and a bunch of boxes into Joan, the van and Emma's car.  Braeden and Mark whizzed through dismantling and loading.  Emma and I packed boxes and cleaned and Emma said thank you a million times.

I was so grateful for those strong boys I said, "Anywhere you want for lunch."

They said JCW's.  Emma said, "If you get there before I do, don't order because I am buying you all lunch."

Adult children.  They are a wonder.

So Emma bought us lunch and we ate and laughed and I remembered for the millionth time how lucky I am that those three are mine.

Our house is in disarray.  That is putting it very very lightly.  But I have those three and every little thing's going to be alright.

In the afternoon, Adam and I went shopping and the rest all went swimming.  (You know Adam is sick when he doesn't go swimming, but he was also a little stir crazy and wanted to walk around a little at the store.)  They picked up Thai food on their way home and we had a nice evening.  Adam said it felt like Christmas.  All the chicks in the nest.

Braeden and Anna and QE went to her cousin's and then her brother Owen's farewell talks.  The rest of us went to church in our ward and it was nice to be there after a few weeks of being away.  In the evening we had Clarissa and Liberty and Nikki over.

Today is Pioneer Day and I am thinking of my ancestors. I am grateful for them and grateful to live on the rock they planted.  Yesterday my friend Terri spoke in church and she said that our lives require the same amount of faith and fortitude as the pioneers'.  She said, "Maybe someday they'll honor us for our faithfulness."

May it be so.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I wish whoever was here before me had NOT planted so many rocks. I am constantly finding more rocks to dig up just so I can plant something. Why didn't they plant roses or peonies instead?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails