Pages

Friday, July 14, 2023

Grateful Friday

Yesterday Janet picked me up in her Tesla (!) which is apparently what one buys when your minivan bites the dust.

After she showed me how to use the door handle, we went to lunch.  We went to Kafe Neo, which I have been craving for years.  Utah truly has a looooooooot of good restaurants, but I haven't found any Greek restaurant to rival Kafe Neo.  We sat outside in dappled light and stayed at our table for over 4 hours (I left a pretty good tip).  

It felt so good to catch up on all the things.  Janet is probably one of the people I could talk to forever.  

I'm grateful for forever friends.

She dropped me off at Geri's and after Adam returned there too, Geri, Megan and Whitney climbed into Hootie with us and we all went to Mukilteo Beach.  We ate at The Diamond Knot.  Adam and I used to love to eat there at a different location up the hill.  It moved to right by the water and we never successfully ate there.  Every time we tried, it was either closed or the sewer had backed up or it was too busy, etc.  Turns out I didn't like it as much.  How dare a restaurant take your favorite menu item off the menu when you haven't been for over a decade!  It took forever to get our food and then everyone got their food except me.  Don't worry, I was plenty whiny about it.

They finally brought my pizza and it was OK, I was too hungry to complain about it.  Also, the waitress removed it from the bill because it took so long.

So there's that.

After dinner, we walked down to the beach and it was gorgeous and there were schools of fish you could see from the dock, but I was chilly and didn't really give the schools of fish enough attention.  There were lavender plants about as tall as me that smelled amazing and I wanted to just lay down inside of them.

I'm grateful for a beautiful and varied world and I'm grateful for forever family.  We have enjoyed being together.

(And I really should take a picture or two!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails