Pages

Thursday, July 6, 2023

The Queen of Everything

Yesterday, Adam finished loading the car and packed the coolers.  I had everything on the counter for him and I said, "Do you think we'll need three coolers?"

It was a lot of stuff, but Adam is so good at packing.  It's kind of unbelievable to me (as evidenced by me always thinking it won't work).

We had a nice drive to Starr Valley.  We finished our podcast series and branched out by getting Subway in Wendover.  Desi teaches high school there and we reasoned that our cute girl who made our sandwiches was probably one of her students because she did such a good job.

We quickly unloaded and I swept and vacuumed and Adam put away the food and then gathered up all the traps (no mice! Hurray for Hedwig!).  In our minimally furnished house, that is mostly the baby proofing that needed to happen.

Things will be different in Utah....

Braeden and Anna and QE arrived just as most of the set up was accomplished.  She knew us right away--thanks to FaceTime--and was very happy to run around and explore.  Her parents had woken up very early so they both went to take a nap and I followed QE around.  I pulled out the few toys I brought and some books.  It is such a delight to have her here.

We went over to my parents' house to visit (and do some laundry because QE had gotten a little carsick on their drive).  It's nice to have neighbors who will share their washing machine!  My dad was heading to town, but we visited with my mom and I pulled out some toys.  We sat outside for awhile and Adam and I played with her on the slide.  

She is really the main event and we're happy her parents are here too.

For dinner, she sat in the high chair that belonged to my grandma Jaynes.  I don't know how old it is, but it is still sturdy and going strong.

QE went to bed very early and Braeden and I built this tent for her.


I saw it on Amazon and I love being a grandma and that is all.

She is still asleep this morning so she hasn't seen it yet.

After the tent, I showed Braeden some of the stuff in the box from my grandparents.  I liked showing it to him in this house.  Our roots are here.

When QE runs around (because that is what she does, she doesn't walk) she is the 5th generation to do so on this little hill.  That makes me very happy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails