Pages

Friday, July 7, 2023

Grateful Friday

I've been loving life!

QE likes the tent.  More than that, she likes running around.  If that girl had a pedometer, it would be off the charts.  

I love when she says, "Nana!" I love when she backs up to me with a book to read to her.  I love hearing her little footsteps.  

I love watching Braeden and Anna as parents.  They are so good.  Is that bragging to say your own son is a good dad?  Well, he is.

Yesterday we went on a walk with my mom and Liberty and Nikki (who were here early to help get things ready while Marianne and Co. were still returning from Ghana).  We were sitting in my parents' living room and QE was running around like she does.  She stopped when she saw some scriptures and reached for them.  I put my hand on them and said, "Careful, those are scriptures."

She said, "Jesus!"

Could anything make my heart swell more?

In the afternoon, Adam was (you'll never guess) mowing while the other four of us were napping.  After we woke up, I took QE out to blow bubbles.  It didn't work out all that well because the ground is pretty uneven and so was my bubble blowing.  I need a better wand, which is not something you necessarily realize ahead of time.  Adam pulled up on the lawnmower to see if she wanted a ride.  She decidedly didn't. She pulled my hand away when I tried to lead her to him.  Adam said, "Just pick her up."  I handed her to Adam and she started crying (which never happens because she loves Adam) so he said never mind and handed her back.

I love a girl who knows what she wants--and doesn't want.

My parents came over for lunch and Liberty and Nikki came over for dinner and Olivia came over for visiting after dinner (she brought some strawberry jam she'd made yesterday with strawberries she'd picked from both her own garden and Marianne's).

I love the neighborhood.

Today we are getting serious about reunion preparation and also getting together with my family for dinner.  A reunion eve I guess.

I'm grateful for all of it.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails