Pages

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Where summer is air conditioned

We are back in the beautiful Pacific Northwest and not sad about it.

We took an alternative route from Kennewick, up the Columbia a little and then over to Ellensburg.  It's nice to see different vistas.  In more from me learning to just go with it (I need practice!), there were minutes yesterday when we were going to fly back from Portland rather than drive and everything was up in the air because it's a work trip and not an actual vacation, but then everything went back to the way it was.  It may change again?  I don't know.  Still practicing going with it.

Adam took me directly to Stephanie's.  We sat in her backyard moving to the sun when we got chilly and back to the shade when we got warm.  Adam asked what we'd talked about and I said everything.  He came to pick me back up later and we saw Miles and Amy who are a few houses over from Stephanie.  We exchanged all the hugs and greetings and they admired the big WGU van and we caught up briefly.  A lot feels slightly different when we drive around because things change over 8 years.  Pinehurst, our old neighborhood, hasn't changed much and it feels like when I leave Stephanie's I should walk around the corner to our old house.

It's a place of many happy memories.

Adam and I went to Geri's.  We had dinner and while we visited, we watched the All-star baseball game on TV, which is in Seattle this year.  Scott came over and Whitney is visiting from Atlanta and it was just a nice evening.  It definitely feels like Raelyn should be there and she should.  Linn too.  It's nice to have  each other to keep us connected and help us remember.

Adam and I stayed at a hotel in Lynnwood.  He left this morning to take a work meeting at Geri's (he accidentally left his computer there) and I stayed at the hotel to be slow about getting ready.  

I like being slow.  Especially when I have books to read and you know, it's Prime day.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails