Pages

Friday, July 21, 2023

Grateful Friday

Yesterday we met Clarissa for a walk and then stayed for the park and splash pad.

Braeden and Clarissa couldn't resist getting into the water too.


They're cute kids (full grown adults, but to me they'll always be cute kids).  

QE loved the water.  Braeden and I took her to Walmart in the afternoon with the intention of getting a little kiddie pool but that ship has apparently sailed.  There are now school supplies rather than summer supplies.  (I did get a few school supplies.  I know there are teachers who feel a little sad about the school supplies showing up, but I am not one of those teachers. School supplies are my love language.)

I was feeling kind of sad last night about summer ending.  I'm not sad about school starting, but I'm sad about summer ending.  It's complicated.  Also, since I'm basically a toddler, every time there is a transition of routine, I get a little uneasy.

But I'm grateful that I stayed away from school for most of the summer.  It has rejuvenated me and I feel excited by the shelves of school supplies.

I like my job.

One thing that pulled me out of my kind of sad feeling last night, was playing Qwixx with Mark and Braeden.  We only remembered halfway through the first game to play Yacht Rock.  It's a really important part of the experience.  Also, they made me laugh so hard I cried.  I love my boys.

This morning Braeden and Anna are going to the temple and I am taking QE back to the splash pad.  

Adam is flying home and we're going to meet up in Salt Lake (we're taking QE to see the Christus statue).  Emma will join us too after work.  Also, in happy news, Emma has decided to move in with us for a few months to save money for her own apartment.  She likes her roommates fine, but she's ready for her own place.  We will be happy to have her around and like I told her, Saturday is a really good time for the move.  For example:  Braeden.

He has man strength.

I'm grateful for this time with our kids.  I know it's rare and we'll have them all under the same roof for a few days!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails