Pages

Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Next to you sitting next to me

 



Yesterday when we were loading up the van, I asked Adam, "Do you think everything will fit?"

He said, "For the first time, I think maybe not."

We in fact had so much room that we brought some stuff of Enoch and Jennifer's we are going to deliver when we stop to see them.

Adam always makes the hotel reservations when we travel, but usually it is earlier and we know where we are staying and when.  This time it is a business trip and there are other factors that aren't all in place so it isn't super planned.

It's an uncomfortable situation for me.

Adam said, "Don't worry about it."

I said, "Have we met?"

I'm a planner and he is an I will figure it out kind of guy.

And he usually figures it out just fine.  He asked if I'd like to eat dinner at Texas Roadhouse in Kennewick and I said, "Do you want me to put directions into my phone?"

He said, "I know where it is."

I said, "What's it like to know everything?"

He just smiled.  I help him keep track of his cousins' names, so there's that I guess.

We had a nice day together.  We haven't driven part of that trip that we've traveled so many times, in over 8 years.  Turns out we haven't been missing Highway 93.  We listened to podcasts (The Retrievals which is horrifying and fascinating) and started an audiobook. (Maeve Binchy's A Week in Winter.  I think I read it years ago, but I don't remember all of it and Maeve Binchy!  I don't mind hearing it again.). Adam had several work meetings he took over the phone and I happily popped my AirPods in and listened to my own thing during them.

We've done that trip enough times with little kids that I know when we have a good thing going.

We stayed the night in Kennewick. I'm happy for a few more hours on the road with Adam today and them I'm looking forward to all the things in Seattle!

1 comment:

Marianne said...

I was wondering how far you'd gotten. Love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails