Pages

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

4th of July

We had a nice day.  

In the morning Adam worked in the yard and I worked in the house.  Mark helped us both a little.  In the afternoon, we met Emma and the four of us went to the new Indiana Jones movie.  They liked it more than I did.  I liked it fine, but extended action scenes are boring to me.  I get it.  You're fighting.  You're chasing each other.  Things are getting destroyed.  I fell asleep during part of it.  

$5 Tuesday though.

After, we came home and played Mexican Train and Yahtzee.  We listened to music.  Emma played the piano and sang some.  

We had hot dogs and brats and corn on the cob and berries and baked beans and Sweet Maui Onion potato chips.

I think it's what the founding fathers would have wanted.

When it was starting to get dark, we roasted marshmallows at our fire pit for s'mores and then sat on the deck and watched fireworks.

In Washington, I hated fireworks because they were all around us and I felt assaulted.

I love them here.  They're illegal above the canal, so they are all from a distance.  It just looks like a frothy bubbling valley of light.

Today we set out on our adventure!

(Everything fit in the car....)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails