Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

An up and down sort of day

In the kind of brief time I was home yesterday, I told Alexa to play me songs by Mozart because it was that sort of day and I needed some soothing tones.

During my lunch break, I tested the theory of whether or not I could make it home and back to school in 30 minutes because I forgot my lunch (it was a failed experiment).  Mostly because I made the rookie mistake of turning on 200 South and going by the high school.  At lunchtime.  Am I insane?!?

I heard some very good news.

I said good-bye to Tabor and family (they're moving to Oklahoma!).  We're already hatching a plan to go visit them.

I met up with his family and Ammon's family and Ammon recognized who I was talking about in yesterday's blog about my (ethnically confused) curly hair.

I did something that felt sort of brave.  I feel a little freaked out and a little excited.

I talked to Enoch on the phone and he is coming to stay tonight.  At first I thought Jennifer and new baby Boston who I have yet to meet were coming too.  When I realized that wasn't plan, that it was just Enoch, I told Enoch that Boston was who I really wanted to see and I was just tolerating him, he told me too bad because I had already agreed and couldn't back out now.

And I'm not sorry.  I'm looking forward to seeing Enoch.

One of my favorite parts of the day was maybe when I was about asleep and I heard a small voice, "Mom?  Mom?"  It was Emma.  She said, "Dad said you had just gone to bed."

She was in the neighborhood visiting Fiona and stopped by.  She stood next to the bed and even though I couldn't see her in the dark, we talked.  I told her about my day and she told me about hers and I told her about a time in the day that I wished I had acted differently and she said, "I would have acted the exact same way."

Even though I still wish I was different, it's nice to feel understood by my sweet girl.

Daughters (and brothers) were a good invention.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails