Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

A last summer hoorah

Adam has had four tickets to a Salt Lake Bees and we haven't used them.  Sunday night he realized yesterday was their last game of the season.

We asked Mark if he wanted to go.

We asked Emma if she wanted to go.

We asked Braeden if he wanted to go.

They each had other things they'd rather do.

There were years--probably about 10 or 15 years--that Adam and I wished we had time for dates with just the two of us and now we can't get these monkeys to join us.  I guess that's how it goes, but I'm never going to complain about a day with Adam.

We scurried around doing chores because we're hosting a neighborhood party at our house tonight then Mark rode his bike to meet his friends and Adam and I headed to Salt Lake City.

It was hot and sunny but we found a shady place to sit.


Bees vs. Grizzlies--Adam called it a Honey War

Being at a baseball field is always a pretty place to be.


The Bees were ahead for most of the game and then it all sort of fell apart.

I texted a distress call to our kids and Braeden and Emma sent their best help.


That is only a tiny bit of Emma's text because she sent the entire Bee Movie script.  Yes, she did.

The game went into ten innings but the Grizzlies ended up winning.

After the game, we stopped by to see my grandma.  Seeing her always makes me feel so good.  She embodies unconditional love.  She was telling us a story and while I was listening, I thought, "I love her so much!"  I'm grateful she is in my life and I need to make more time to visit.

We came home to a driveway full of boys.  Braeden and roommates were here to shoot up on the mountain.  (Braeden refuses to kill spiders but when your roommates are into guns, you go shooting apparently.)  After their hike into the mountain they all came in and drank big glasses of cold water then we sat on the deck in the waning light.

It felt like a good way to end the summer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails