Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

He's certainly in the top three favorite children

Braeden delighted me yesterday.  He is working now and I am working now and that means we talk to each other less.

I do love getting his texts though.

Yesterday morning this arrived:


That's Ben, Braeden's roommate who is in the ROTC.  I'm glad that Ben is making the world safe for...Star Wars shirts.

After reading my blog yesterday, Braeden sent this:


I didn't even know you could have Great Value knock offs of hearts, but I'm glad I have the real thing.

Adam texted us some pictures and he had dinner with a group of Virginia Beach folks.

He sent this:


I was putting school work in a binder and giggling to myself because I pictured Sister Tallman thinking that a year + of college had certainly aged Braeden.  Why, he looks like he's in his forties all of the sudden.

Also, Braeden's response made me laugh.  He had no words.  And I can't really blame him.

**
*

Braeden called me last night on his way home from campus.  He walks so fast and takes such long steps it is much easier to keep up with him on the phone.  He cheerfully told me that he had just read 50 pages about Martin Luther/by Martin Luther--I can't remember.  And he said he had 86 more to go.

I said, "You make me happy that I'm not in college."

He said, "But it's so great!"

He loves all that he is learning and I love that.

Adam called and Braeden said, "Can the three of us talk together?  Is that a thing?"

"I'll ask Dad."

I clicked over to Adam and asked him if the three of us could talk and he 1) said it was a thing and 2) told me how to do it.

So then Adam and Braeden and I talked and I loved the excitement in Braeden's voice as he quizzed Adam about all he had seen and done in Virginia.

We talked a little about Stella and Braeden said, "What did we do to deserve Stella?"

I don't know, but I'm glad it happened.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that kid!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails