Pages

Friday, September 28, 2018

Grateful Friday

A baby is God's opinion that life should go on.

Carl Sandburg

When Braeden read on my blog that Enoch was coming to stay, he texted to request a dinner together.  (This is what comes of first teaching your children to read and then writing a blog.  They know about your plans and they want in.)

As the day progressed, I heard the happy news that Jennifer and Boston were coming too.  Boston is my newest little nephew I had yet to meet!  Happy day!

Except it got better because sweet Savannah was coming too.

They were nice enough to meet us in Provo so the busy college kids wouldn't have to drive anywhere far for dinner.  We enjoyed the evening together and before Braeden and Emma hurried off, I snapped this picture:

so much cuteness in one small picture

Back at our house, I ruined Enoch's night by mentioning I wanted to paint my kitchen cabinets.  I like painted wood and Enoch doesn't.  I think it has to be like a Mariners/Red Sox thing.  I think we will just have to agree to disagree.

Enoch fully applauded my idea to replace carpet with wood floor but I did make sure I let him know that I was going to cover the wood with an enormous rug.

Sometimes when you know what will bug your little brother, it's hard to resist saying it.

I did enjoy chatting with them though--hearing about the adventures of their kids and life with a newborn.  They're quality people, all of them and I'm just grateful to be related.

I sat in a chair the next morning and held Boston until he went to sleep while they ate and got their things gathered together.  I told Jennifer I would gladly just sit in that chair all day and hold him and she said, "Good, then I'll go get back in that bed."

Mothering a newborn doesn't exactly mean a good night's sleep.

They headed on their way all too soon and I headed on my way, off to school.

It was a happy few hours to spend together.

Enoch is driving the U-haul for Tabor and Katie and their menagerie as they move to Oklahoma.  In addition to their three darling girls, they are taking 5 horses, a dog, and a cat.

Maybe another thing I'm grateful about is that I'm not moving.

It is not for the faint of heart.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails