Pages

Monday, September 3, 2018

Weekends

I appreciate the pace of weekends even more since I started working (although it is a holiday today and I was wide awake at 5:30 AM--that's not my favorite).

Anyway.

Friday is sort of a blur because I had a migraine.  I wish I knew what caused it so I could avoid that at all costs.  Mark was very kind and nurturing to me and I started to feel better in the evening.  We went to Emma's new apartment and set up the shelves that Adam bought her at IKEA.  He went a little overboard, including things she doesn't really need but he's a good daddy who loves his little girl.  Both kids seem happy in their new apartments and that is happy for me.

Saturday was a nice mix of productivity and a slower pace.  And a tiny bit of drama.  I made apple pies--using apples from our little tree.  I had the pies in the oven and was cleaning up.  The bowl that had had the peels in it slipped out of my hands and fell into the bowl that had had the apple slices in it.  It shattered into a million pieces--seriously, just shards.  I immediately started bleeding on three fingers.  I don't know if glass shards bounced up and cut me or what.  Mark flew to my rescue with bandaids and lots of conciliatory words.  He's a nice one to nurse his mother's ailments.  I was mostly really happy the pies were already in the oven.

Adam and I went back to IKEA that night for more stuff for Emma and Mark went to a swim party his school was having at the PG pool.  We stopped by on the way home to pick him up.  Imagine this scene.  It's dark and a huge pool is filled with teenagers and all the boys are approximately the same size and coloring of Mark.  It took me awhile to find that kid.  Since it was dark the red hair didn't even help.

Yesterday we had the BYU kids over.  Emma decided (after some deliberation via text with me) that she would stay in Provo and attend a ward function so she could get to know her ward/roommates.  Braeden, Liberty, Leif and Freja came.  It was so fun to have them.  I wanted to quiz them all about all the everything but Adam made me wait until he was done at the BBQ because he wanted to hear too.  We had dinner (and pie) and played Codenames.  It was girls and Adam against the boys.  There were a hilarious number of misassumptions about each other.  For example, when Freja gave clues about Hamlet and we were kind of adrift, Braeden said, "Freja, the drama kids are over here." There was also the time Braeden died a little inside when Leif and Mark missed his Cicero hint.

These two goofballs.  Emma said it pretty accurately:  Leif is Braeden if Braeden had been raised by Janet.

I know how lucky I am to have these people in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so nice! Thanks for taking care of my girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails