Pages

Friday, September 14, 2018

Grateful Friday

Today is smoky.  There's a fire in south Utah County/Juab County that is growing and warm dry wind blowing.  People have been evacuated and then there's Hurricane Florence.

Braeden's mission is the path of the hurricane and missionaries have been evacuated.

My heart goes out to all of them.

Being grateful that I'm not in their shoes feels a little selfish but I am grateful.

I'm grateful that my troubles are small.  For example sleep.  It is illusive sometimes and I have gone through this week a little like a zombie.  But feeling tired?  I'll take it over losing my home.

Last night was book club and I was tired but I still wanted to go.  I'd missed the last two book club meetings because I had been out of town.  Also, I'd read the book and wanted to talk about it.

When I arrived, people greeted me.  They told me they'd missed me.  I took my chair and didn't say too much because there are some people at book club that are talkers and some that are listeners and I'm in the latter camp mostly.  I enjoyed being there.  I love hearing insights and personal experiences and feeling like we're all in this together.

Before I left I chatted a little with a book club friend and she told me she'd missed me too.

I told Adam later how nice it felt to belong to a group.  Human connectedness is where it is at.

This morning on Facebook, I saw people posting information and help for fire evacuees.

Human connections.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails