Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Another sick day

I went to the walk-in clinic yesterday and left the proud owner of 5 prescriptions.  I have a sinus infection/fluid in my ears/bronchitis.  She gave me a prescription to treat pneumonia which I'm supposed to take if I get worse.  (She didn't want me stuck over Thanksgiving with no doctors/pharmacies open.)

So I'm going to lay low another day and put all my trust in the magic of modern medicine.  Because I have stuff to DO.

While I was gone, Braeden came home.  Every once in awhile he does that to sequester himself in Adam's office to write a big paper.  (He was in there when I went to bed and he was in there when I woke up.)

I walked in the house to his warm greeting and big embrace.  He was emptying the dishwasher and had happy music playing.

You just can't be uncheered by Braeden.

He and Mark both need haircuts (and giving Mark a haircut was something I was planning to do yesterday).  They held their curly heads together and said they wondered if they'd act like velcro.

It's good to have both boys around.

Emma, also in the throes of busy paper writing, texted me throughout the day.  She wants to bring me some Cranberry Sprite when she comes tomorrow because she saw that it is in stores now.

It's good have a daughter.

Adam is also sick but infinitely tougher than I am.  He drove to pick up my prescriptions and hugs me when I'm whiny.

It's good to have Adam.

So I'm tired of being sick, but I'm grateful this Thanksgiving week for my family.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails