Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Midterm elections

On November 1, one of the teachers at school said that if a candidate ever ran on the platform of changing Halloween to the last Friday in October, she would vote for them.  No matter what.

There are a lot of teachers in the country and I think they'd all agree.  Politicians take note....

**
*

Braeden said the other day, "Are ya'll SO excited for the midterm elections?"

(This is what comes of having your son serve a mission in the South--ya'll--and be a political science major.)

I am definitely aware of the midterm elections (see above) but I think SO excited would maybe be overselling it.

We have talked about it, of course we have.  Adam (naturally) and Braeden (naturally) go in for deep analysis and I (naturally) am more knee jerk and go with my gut.  It's kind of the same way I read a recipe.  I voted yes on Prop 1 around here because Elaine Dalton endorsed it.  I mean Elaine Dalton.  I will do what she says.

We read and re-read the proposed changes to the state constitution.  Adam and I disagreed on some things and Braeden disagreed with us on on some other things and Emma held it all close and privately voted how she wanted.  (Although she did text me with a few questions.)

I'm grateful we can vote.  I'm glad for the conversations that elections spark around here.

After Emma dropped off her ballot, her first time ever voting, she texted me:

So I sent her this:



 Three cheers for democracy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails