Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Empty nesters

Yesterday at work, a lady, who is also in our ward, told me about their empty nesters activity they had had the previous night.  It was sort of startling to realize that we would be in that category in just a few years.

When you have kids, it feels like it will last forever and then it doesn't.

Mark is leaving today for Texas.  He is going with his drama teacher and a group of drama kids to a Thespian Convention.  It sounds really fun and like I wish I were going too.

Last night I went over Mark's packing list and looked at what he'd packed and said about ten, "What about this?" and he'd say, "Oh yeah," and run and grab whatever it was.

I am excited for him and I know he'll have fun but I am also nervous.  He's going far away without me.

Every time it reminds me a tiny bit of someday sending him on a mission, I tamp down that feeling quickly.

I am not ready for that (neither will I be when the time comes).

Adam and I don't have any big plans for our empty nest while Mark is away.  We have one tiny plan and that is to wrap Christmas gifts.  I'm not sure when; I hope we have time.

When you have kids, it feels like they're the ones making you busy and then they aren't.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails