Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Nevada party

One of Braeden's roommates was recently called to serve a mission in the Nevada Reno mission.  We decided to throw him a party.

Because Nevada.

Adam said, "You know how Texans are really into Texas?  Nevadans are really into Nevada too."

It's true.

Emma and I decorated by cutting apart some calendars my mom had made for us with photos taken around their house.

Nevada = photogenic (the horses are too)


Adam said we had to have salad like my mom makes because that's Nevada salad.  (I don't think my mom's salad is necessarily Nevada salad, but Adam loves salad like my mom makes and I never make it because I'm not a big salad eater and even less of a salad maker.)

I created a trivia quiz with prizes! prizes! prizes!  (gold Hershey's chocolate and silver Hershey's kisses in a nod to the gold mines and The Silver State)

Adam did a reprise of his Nevada/not Nevada game using Google images.

(Brian won both games so I'd say he's ready for his mission!)

We ate brownies cut into the shape of Nevada.



After awhile I gave up and just had regular brownie shapes.  Nevada/not Nevada brownies....

We forgot to sing the Nevada state song for Brian!  Braeden and I even had a debate ahead of time about whether we should sing the traditional version (my vote) or the Killer's version (his vote). And then we forgot!

All the returned missionaries did two truths and a lie about their missions.  So now Brian either is terrified or excited.  It depends on how you look at it and what kind of thirst for adventure he has.

Because crazy stuff happens to missionaries.  Adam said it's because you talk to everyone.  Braeden added, "And they tell you everything."

Sam's impersonation of the man who showed up drunk for his own baptism was pretty awesome and Ben told us about fish he ate in Tahiti that was "cured" in a liquid where another fish had been fermented.  He said the worst part was the smell.

There were eleven of us for dinner and turns out we only have ten knives.  Where did the others go?

Adam and I shared a knife.

Because we're in love.









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails