Pages

Friday, November 9, 2018

Grateful Friday

Mark's play:

I loved watching him onstage.  He is having a fun time.  Braeden, Emma, my parents and my grandma all came to opening night.  Adam saw the last part because he was on a business trip and slipped in late.

Braeden wanted the 70's era orange polyester shirt Mark was sporting.

Freja's play:

Friday afternoon, I went to Provo and met up with Janet to watch Freja in a Mask Club play.  How fun to hug Janet and sit next to her during a show!  More talented kids and then Janet, David, Shari, Leif and Freja and Braeden and Emma and I all went to an early dinner.  Us and the Jorgensens and the Jorgensens and us.

I'll never get tired of it.

Mark's play, again:

I high tailed it back to Pleasant Grove to watch Mark's play again.  Adam met me there.  I saw Nola in the hall and she said, "We saved you seats."

So we sat by the Porters.  Nola nudged me in the ribs when Mark sang his first little solo line and I did the same when Louisa sang hers.  We laughed together at the intermission and Dave went on a fruitful search for M & Ms because the show is quite long and he needed sustenance.

After the show we met Mark in the lobby.  Dave and Nola hugged him before I got to him.  Is there anything better than other people being kind to your kids?

Tonight is closing night for Mark's show.  Marianne and Carolina are coming.  It's been a tiring week but also a happy one.

I'm grateful for family and friends and joyful kids.

Merrily we roll along, roll along... (songs from musicals you see repeatedly really get in your head).


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails