Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Hidden talents

Yesterday I substituted in a second grade.  They have the aids sub sometimes if they can't find enough subs.  I enjoyed it (and it also works towards relicensing points!).

Before recess, a boy asked me to tie his shoe.  I knelt down and started to tie.  "Double knot?" he asked.  I always do, whether they ask or not.  Not my first rodeo with shoelaces.  I sent him on his way and children were lining up to go outside.  The boy was at my side again, "Will you tie the other one?" he asked.  "You are so good at tying shoes."

**
*

I was working with a small group at a table and I read a poem to them while they marked the rhyming pattern with crayons.

One of the boys asked, "Can I just say something?"

"OK," I said.

"You are really good at reading upside down."

Yep.  I am.  That's why I get the big bucks.

(Except I don't get big bucks.  I get very very small bucks.)

(But I am having a good time.)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails