Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Joy in the morning

Standing at my corner for traffic duty, I feel happy.  Even when it is chilly, the sun (which is almost always shining) feels good.

I love seeing the cute, appreciative kids that cross my path.  They almost all thank me and most of them wish me a good day.

It's a terrific way to start my work day.

There are three girls, sisters, who cross.  The eldest always--every day--gives me some sort of compliment.  She tells me she likes my hair or my clothes or something.  I have no idea why.  She's just kind, I guess.

Yesterday the girls' mother crossed about five minutes after they had.  I knew she was their mother (super recognizer) and I told her that she had very sweet daughters and that they made my day.  She was pleased but seemed pretty surprised too.

That just goes to show that even mothers of certifiably nice girls need reassurance too.

I am also cheered every morning by the mother who crosses with her three children.  They are all four impeccably groomed and they all thank me graciously for holding up my stop sign.  Yesterday they stopped by the tree near where I stand and the kids all joyfully flung fallen leaves into the air.  They were all four giggling and the mom snapped a picture with her phone.  They looked at me sort of sheepishly, like they were caught, giggled some more and then walked into the school.

I wish I could speak Spanish so I could tell the mother that she is killing it.  She's awesome.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

What a nice picture you paint. :) Something might get lost in the translation of "killing it." Just keep smiling.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails