Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Grateful




In a world full of sickness and sorrow and loneliness and longing and trust broken and sin and hate and all the things, I stand back and look at my life and realize that although it is never picture perfect, it is a pretty good life.

And I am grateful for it.

I know that the blessings I have are gifts from God.  On none of my own merit, I was born into a loving and good family.  I have been given privileges and opportunities I did nothing to deserve.  I married very well when I was in no way smart enough to make such a big decision.  I was permitted to raise three amazing humans that delight me every day.  And they came amazing.  I didn't do that.



So does Heavenly Father love people less that don't have these blessings?  No, and also I don't understand how it all works.

I know we are all loved and I know life isn't fair.  Maybe someday it will all make sense.

In the meantime, because I have been given much, I too must give.

Also, the biggest blessing God had to bestow was freely given to all.  I'm grateful this Thanksgiving for the gift of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I'm grateful for peace in storms and forgiveness in stupidity and enabling power when I'm spent.

Have a wonderful holiday and I'll see you back here Monday!


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Great post! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, you Davises!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails