Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Haul out the holly


Saturday was a day packed with goodness.  We decorated a bit in the morning, went to the temple (with Braeden too, which only makes it better) and then decorated some more.

Adam bought me that picture of Santa the first year we were married.

this little Finnish guy delights me



Also, Emma joined Adam and me on our Saturday errands.  We swung by Walmart so she could buy a small tree for her apartment.  They were $17.99 online and $25 in the store.  All of Emma's pennies matter to her so Adam talked to the store clerk, named Richard. Richard said, "I don't know if I have the authority to do it but I'll try."  He did an override and gave Emma the online price.

When we were leaving, Emma told me how much she appreciated Jolly Old Saint Richolas.  (He did have a long white beard.)

At dinner I told the kids they could have ice cream if they ate some vegetables.  This has been a trick I've employed for about 20 years and I'm not giving up on it, I don't care how big these kids get.

Mark said, "Ravioli are vegetables.  If you can't hunt something, it is a vegetable.  And you can't hunt ravioli."

Then he ate some broccoli (because he wanted ice cream).

We played a new Disney version of Codenames (which was surprisingly hard) and watched Somebody Feed Phil which we're maybe obsessed with.

Adam presented us with the new Christmas bear.


We named her Tea Cup and she was immediately embraced by the sleuth (which is what you call a group of bears--I googled it.)


This is all to say, being here makes me happy.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails