Pages

Friday, November 30, 2018

Grateful Friday

I'm grateful Mark is a better driver and way (way) easier to take driving than his siblings at that age.  He was a way (way) harder toddler/preschooler so I earned this.  He is never defensive nor argumentative when corrected, but says a quiet, "OK," and away we go.

I'm grateful I'm almost done teaching children to drive.  Because it is the worst.

I'm grateful for Braeden and Emma texts.  I like getting texts from them.  Braeden sends  funny/interesting/bizzaro NYTimes articles and memes I minimally understand.  Emma sends things like a recent day when she texted us three paintings so we could guess the artists.

Even though I didn't get them correct:



I love that our children are learning things and expanding their minds and sharing their gee whiz stuff with us.  I say this all the time, but I'm so grateful for their opportunities.

I'm also just grateful for those weirdos.  Braeden randomly texted this picture and Emma's response left me wanting to say what?!? and why?!? to both of them but I just went with it.



I'm grateful for snow on the mountain.  If feels like an insurance policy against a dry summer.

I'm grateful for Joan because even though Adam is out of town, the weather forecast doesn't worry me.

I'm grateful Emma was able to score us some tickets to her sold out choir concert this weekend!  Huzzah!

I'm grateful for my job.  It's so fun to be around kids.

I'm grateful that even though the 3rd-4th grade boys that play soccer at recess seem bent on killing me with the ball, they haven't succeeded yet.  And yesterday when I managed to stop the ball that was careening toward me, a few boys threw up their hands in victory and yelled "Teacher blocked the ball!"

I felt like a hero.  For about 10 seconds, but still.  Me + a situation involving a ball + anything resembling victory doesn't happen very often (or ever).

Wouldn't be grateful Friday without a nod towards Adam.  He is the favorite part of every day.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails