Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Fall Break

It's Fall Break, so...

My students busted out of school yesterday like it was a jail break but a few of them hugged me or gave backwards glances and yelled "Good-bye Teacher!" over their shoulders.

A student who has only been learning English for a year and is super smart pinned me down to have me repeat exactly which days were fall break.  Then she wanted to know what fall break was.  "What does this mean, break?"  (When you think about it, fall break sounds a little dangerous.  We're all going to fall and break things?)

Adam and I went to the Hale Theater last night.  Me past my bedtime in the middle of the week like some kind of rebel.  We enjoyed the show (Thoroughly Modern Millie) but I was super tired by the end.

Mark has set building parties so that means he'll be at his school for 8 hours today.  I am going to my school for the same duration.  I am sort of excited to tackle some deeper organizational projects.  There are things I would have done last summer, if I'd, you know, known I was going to be teaching 3rd grade.

Tomorrow Adam is going to take the day off work and I'm looking forward to spending the day with him.  And we'll go to my school a little too.  He bought me an Apple TV and is going to hook it up in my classroom.  I have a white piece of paper taped to the wall to project things on but a white board has apparently been ordered.  I think it is coming by Pony Express.

Yesterday another teacher told me she was going to Denver for the break.  I said, "I'll be here."

I like here though.

1 comment:

Gwilliam Fam said...

Yesterday another teacher told me she was going to Denver for the break. I said, "I'll be here."

I like here though.

CRACKING up at you Thelma!

And I am so glad you love teaching. Sometimes I read your blog and think "this would be my personal hell." Not even joking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails