Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2019

Happy Halloween

For the first time in years, I actually dressed up for Halloween.  I think this is my life now.  Elementary teachers are all in for Halloween it seems.

We assembled in the library before school started for pictures.  The administration and office staff dressed as Scooby Doo characters.  That guy in the center, behind Scooby, is Riley, the beloved by students head custodian.  He was Shaggy.  He normally looks EXACTLY like the man in the center in the back row.  Mr. Bawden, a clean cut 5th grade teacher, dressed as Riley and it killed us.  He seriously looked so much like Riley!


Here's my 3rd grade team.  Kate is the adorable Hermione and Janelle is Bo Peep.  They are awesome and I'm lucky to be with them.  I was Professor McGonagall and tried the stupefy curse on my class a few times but they all remained very active.

I rented this amazing and HEAVY cape from the Hale Theater. (I know a few people there....)

What a day!  I tried to keep 24 very hyped up children not only in their seats but also doing a little schoolwork.

I had a parent come and help with the party.  I also asked Natalie, who is studying elementary education at BYU, to come and help.


Look at her cute smile!  She was a complete natural.  The kids were trying to figure out my relationship to her--my daughter-in-law's sister didn't clear it up for them.  I put my arm around her and said, "She's like my daughter-in-law," and they were satisfied.  I don't know if they know what a daughter-in-law is but they seemed to understand that me laying claim to her meant she was pretty important to me.

One of my students asked me what candy I was passing out.  Ha!  I am just passing out.  No candy involved.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails