Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Tis the season

Yesterday when I walked into the kitchen for our daily breakfast and CNN 10, Mark asked, "Are you ready for Spooktober?"

Then he grinned because he knows that I like October just fine, but I don't like Halloween.

I changed the leaves on the tree on my classroom door to fall.  The next morning, they had literally fallen.



What can you do?  They're living up to their expected potential.

I didn't become an elementary teacher to not decorate for the seasons, so I gave a little nod to Halloween:




Mary Engelbreit helped soften the blow of the ugliest holiday.

My students were thrilled that it was a real pumpkin and amazed by how tiny it is and think it would be perfect for a baby to carve.

Which is why you don't usually put third graders in charge of babies.  "Here's a knife; have fun!"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails