Pages

Monday, October 14, 2019

Things making me happy (a list)

1-Mark and I both had a hard day and we decided if Adam had a good day.  He needed to cheer us up.  Adam said, "I had a pretty good day."  So he was on the hook and he delivered.

2- I talked to Marianne while I tidied the house and put away the laundry I didn't finish Saturday.  I always feel lifted when I talk to my sisters.  Everything is RELATABLE.

3- I love having Braeden and Anna and Desi over on Sunday even when Braeden and Desi tease me because they know me too well/Desi says I'm so much like her mom that she can insert a tone in my texts.

(The tone was absolutely there but those two weren't supposed to recognize it.  Marianne said we should feel complimented when people think we're alike.)

4- I love hearing from Emma in the little bits and snatches that I hear from her.  She seems happy.  She's doing amazing things.  She sent me a picture and told me I could pick which print I wanted from her trip to the Musee d'Orsay.


I picked the Renoir landscape in the top left corner because I've never seen it before.  Also, she told me I can have the Degas magnet on the right.

Having a daughter who buys you art + goes to all the museums is not a bad gig.

5- Almost every night Mark climbs into bed between us and we snuggle and watch Corner Gas.  Then we have to persuade Mark to leave and Mark insists he's going to sleep there all night.  I know because kids insist on growing up and leaving that these are the days with Mark I'll remember and cherish. If he weren't so big I may even break down and let him stay all night.  I'm not going to let myself get too sentimental though.  He's big.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

That's the picture I would have picked too! Similar tones and similar art tastes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails