Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2019

Miracles

My heart is full (to the point of praying through my tears when Adam asked me to say our family prayer this evening) after two days of General Conference.

I loved it!

It felt like a weekend of miracles.  For one thing, it was the first time since school started that I didn't go to my classroom on Saturday.

And I think we'll all survive.

(Also I stayed pretty late Friday so that helped.)

Saturday are a marathon laundry day and I finished in record time--Adam and I folded the last load during the opening talks Saturday afternoon.

Anna came and watched the Women's Broadcast with me which was wonderful.  We kept looking over at each other in excitement.  When the new temples were announced, we looked at each other and said, "Liberty!" because that girl is in Bentonville, Arkansas.

Adam and Braeden made us dinner.  They brought it down to us in the basement on a tray with a vase of fresh flowers.

We sat at the table, facing the TV and Anna said, "I have never had a date with my mother-in-law."

The biggest miracles of General Conference came in the big and little ways I felt like my questions and concerns and needs were addressed.  Men and women who haven't met me spoke to my heart and soul and told me what I needed to hear.

Amazingly, they told other people what they needed to hear too.

I feel uplifted and buoyed and like I want to try harder to be better.  I feel loved and encouraged and hopeful and excited about the future.

(And I'm going to take my vitamins because there is a lot to keep up with following these leaders!)

1 comment:

Stephanie L Johnson said...

I loved the messages from the speakers at conference, too! One of my favorites was from Peter M. Johnson (loved his name, too). He talked about praying and reading scriptures, "every day, every day, every day" simple and to the point reaffirming my commitment to present myself, every day, to give thanks for my blessings and petition blessings of safety and opportunities to feel the spirit, for my family.

Knowing that my friends, family and acquaintances were listening together, all around the world makes me feel connected and reminds me that this is a beautiful world, full of goodness, because of the people.

hugs to you,

my friend Thelma,

hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails