Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Florida Keys and Dry Tortuga

We spent several days in the Florida Keys 


Mark and Geri were feeding tarpon fish off a dock at one stop off and a manatee showed up.


We had the necessary Key Lime Pie.


We ate in dive restaurants with amazing seafood.  Adam coincidentally sat next to Washington.


We saw what looked to me like the desert island in all the Far Side cartoons. 


We saw pelicans and more chickens and so many iguanas.





I think this is a snowy egret.  I don't know, but my students asked me to take lots of pictures of animals so this is me taking lots of pictures of animals.


Walking around Key West (where we spent most of our time) was at once lovely and sort of seedy.  It was also hot as you can see by my rosy cheeks.



Key West is a picturesque little spot. 









The ocean was warm and pleasant to swim in.  Geri took our picture when I was in the water because she said our children would never believe it.  Fair point. 


Speaking of swimming in the ocean, Mark had a whole lot of beach hair, don't care going on.


A highlight of the trip was our trip to Dry Tortugas.  It was amazing.  I vacillated about whether or not the steep ferry ticket was worth it but it was! Here is where we were:


I already posted some pictures last week, but here are a few more:

On the ferry

Walking along the roof of the fort--that's me in that fashion forward hat....



Adam and Mark snorkeled for about an hour and a half.  I floated in the ocean a little and read my book.  We were all happy.

The world is full of wonders.




1 comment:

Olivia said...

Fashion forward--that's so you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails