Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2020

Quaint

 Yesterday Mark texted me that he needed to go home and get more insulin.  I texted back to go check out at the office first.

My students were working on their computers and I was looking at mine or I wouldn't have seen his texts.

He texted that the office wouldn't let him go unless a parent called.

I texted, "I can't call.  I will call during recess. Show them this text."

A little while later he texted that he was OK to leave."

I called at recess and didn't get anyone but left a message.  I still wanted to talk to a person and explain that hopefully not often, but sometimes, Mark may need to leave school and I won't necessarily be able to call.

At lunchtime I tried to call back.  My phone struggles to work in my classroom.  I couldn't get it to place a call.  I went out onto the playground and my students were swirling around me, "Mrs. Davis is out here!"

I still couldn't place a call.

I felt frustrated.  What was I supposed to do?

Then I remembered the dusty relic on my desk.  A telephone!  The office has called me a few times but I have never used it otherwise.  

Guess what?  It works!  I laughed at myself that it took me that long to realize I had an actual landline telephone on my desk.  I even remember how they work.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails