Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

A little update

 I didn’t bring my computer but I have commandeered Adam’s iPad so here we are.

We are having a lovely time.

We spent several days in the Miami area, seeing sights and eating good food.  Adam took us to a New Haven style pizza place and we were rhapsodic in our enjoyment.  Maybe my favorite part of Miami was Little Havana.  I loved all the trees and pretty vibrant houses and the colorful chickens strutting around.  There was a pulsing of Latin music from passing cars and a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (recognized the font!).  We had Cuban food for dinner and it turns out I love Cuban food too.

We went to Everglades National Park which was pretty amazing.  It has none of the breathtaking vistas of National Parks in the West but it was fascinating and so different than anything else I’ve ever seen.  We saw one alligator, but from a distance so I wasn’t terrified.  (Those guys scare me.)

Yesterday we drove to Key West. We stopped in Key Largo for lunch and key lime pie (we ate it before our lunch).  The drive was beautiful and different than I expected.  The trees go all the way to the water and the water is turquoise.  We listened to Kokomo by The Beach Boys while we drove because it felt necessary.

The ocean is so warm I actually donned my swimsuit yesterday.  We went to a beach and they all snorkeled and I just floated in the warm salty water.  I don’t know how to add pictures here on the iPad, but if I figure it out, I’ll add some.

2 comments:

Mark Dahl said...

Sounds like a good time. Continue to enjoy. Glad you blogged. We have missed that. Your mom

Marianne said...

So good to hear from you.
-A loyal reader

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails