Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Yesterday

 I went to school and I was so very happy to see my students.  Before school they pressed their faces to the window by my desk and squealed when they saw me.  It is so easy to love third graders.  They hugged me and told me they'd missed me and they were glad I was back.  I was glad I was back too, even though I had to dig through a pile on my desk so deep and extensive it threatened to engulf us all.   

I was so very exhausted by the end of the day.  As in I took a nap and was worthless all evening.

Emma sent this:


She's pictured with her cute roommate Heather.  They're proudly pointing to the ballot box.  I felt a little teary when I saw it.  (Maybe because I was so beyond exhausted.)  Also though, it matters to me that my girl can vote.  This year marks 150 years since women could vote in Utah.  I appreciate all who went before and the women who made it possible that my little girl could exuberantly express herself with a ballot.


Well done, sister suffragette!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails