Pages

Friday, October 16, 2020

Grateful Friday

 I’m grateful for this beautiful world!  We went to Dry Tortugas National Park yesterday.  It was a 2 hour boat ride off of Key West.  It knocked my socks off (I wasn’t actually wearing socks).  The water was a million shades of turquoise and the fort was beautiful and the sand was soft.  I saw a sea turtle and a hermit crab and lots of fish and pipers running around the beach like the Pixar short.  There were frigates soaring above and I was pretty much expecting Ariel to emerge from the water.  Just lovely.

This is inside the fort.



And outside the fort:





There was a rainbow over Key West as we got back to the island.


I got a bit of a sunburn because I put on sunscreen when my swim coverup was on and then I didn’t put more on my back and shoulders when I was wearing just my swimsuit.  Rookie.

I’m grateful for this time to spend with Adam and Mark.  I don’t see them enough in our normal lives.  We’re too busy with school and work for my taste.  It’s nice to be together 24/7 for awhile.



I’m grateful for this time to spend with Geri.  She’s gamely watched all the Netflix shows we want to introduce her to in the evenings.  She reads us things while we drive and she got them to turn the Seahawks game on in the pizza restaurant.  (I sat with my back to it. I’m a giver like that.  Plus I didn’t really care that much so don’t be too impressed.)


Today we’re heading back to Miami (and hopefully more Cuban food) and then we fly home tomorrow.  It will be good to get home, but it has been so good to be here too.



 


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails