Pages

Monday, November 15, 2021

The good news

 The good news is that I waited until I was driving home and on the phone with Adam before I started crying.

The bad news is that I had a pretty rotten day at school on Friday.  I had misbehavior from some students (I have a few that are SO hard to manage), I had a few interpersonal struggles (being a person is hard sometimes), and I had an observation that did not go well.

Jami was gone to a meeting after school so I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet.  Mark said he was probably taking the weekend to find my replacement. (Who says teenage sons aren't supportive?)

So I had my little pity party and then as the weekend progressed, I learned of other, bigger, harder things in the lives of people I love and adore.  Why can't I shield my people from sadness?

At our Relief Society presidency meeting on Sunday afternoon, we talked about heavy things concerning some of our ward members who are struggling.

And we talked about hope.

We talked about how knowledge of the Gospel and its principles is wonderful, especially when things are humming along nicely.

When things aren't so great, it is hope we cling to.  It is the reassurance from the Spirit that always comes eventually, sweetly.

That is the best news of all.

1 comment:

Edgar Cobian said...

Wonderful post. Thanks for being someone I can rely on for perspective!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails