Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2021

It depends on what I'm planning

I love a good plan.  It makes me anticipate happy things and it eases my anxiety about getting everything done.  My plans are enthusiastically specific. I know what day I'm taking the turkey out of the freezer and putting it in the fridge.  Plans soothe my soul.

My plans are all about the holidays.  I have my Thanksgiving weekend planned down to the list of things I'm having Mark repair in my classroom.  (Adam could do it, but Adam's busy and Mark and Braeden are going to go and hang up Christmas stuff for me anyway.)  

I am excited about my advent calendar for my students. I painted my elf door for my classroom.  

in spray painting progress...I'm going to attach magnets to it and have it stick to one of my walls


My gift spreadsheet is humming along. (The books I ordered from Scholastic for my class may not be here in time because of all the supply chain business.  I may give them Valentine books instead.)

I'm crossing things off my list.

I love every bit of it.

I was so excited about all the Christmas candy (for my class advent calendar) and gluten free stuff (for my favorite celiac kid) that I almost listened to Christmas music on the way home from the store.

Almost.

I may love being a precrastinator, but Christmas music must be saved until after Thanksgiving.

That's just science.

I'm less good at planning what's for dinner.

I make a loose plan, but it's a plan I don't really follow (or honestly even think I'll follow when I make the plan).

For example, there was a pound of frozen hamburger on the counter with the intention of shepherd's pie when Adam and Emma got home from work last night.  (Emma had some of her nasty not meat in the fridge to make her own version.

Emma and I both decided we weren't that hungry.  Adam had to go to the church for the evening.  I sat across from him and we ate some Triscuits and Havarti dill cheese and exchanged stories about the day before he left.  Later I had a bowl of raisin bran.  Also, I found some bean soup leftovers in the fridge that Adam made on Saturday.

"Hey, can I take that in my lunch?" I asked.  No one objected.

Sometimes I'm a ridiculous planner and sometimes I am happily surprised by bean soup.

I don't know.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails