Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Christmas classroom

I love setting up my classroom for a little Christmas magic.  There are only 15 school days between Thanksgiving and Christmas and we have to embrace the season!

My students loved finding their names on the tree.  Some of them were surprised to be included.


They said things like, "My name is on there?"

A few of them timidly asked if they could take the names home.  I said, "Yes, right before Christmas.  They are part of your Christmas gift."

Eyes widened and they said, "Part?!?"

You will not find entitled children in a Title 1 school.  They are always grateful.  Always.

Since no one is home to enjoy the Christmas village, Anna set it up on the counter.  I was afraid it would be trouble to keep their hands off of it, but they were very good about just looking.



My favorite thing I was excited to show them was the little elf door.



Every day (sometimes twice a day) a different student's picture will be inside.  That student gets to put an ornament on the advent calendar.  The ornaments have numbers on them which are linked to treats or activities.  Yesterday they all got a Christmas eraser.  Which is more exciting than it sounds when you are 8. 

They (mostly the girls) wrote tiny notes for the elf and put them in the mailbox.  (The lid is removable.)

The elf responded with a note that was in 4 point font.  I for sure couldn't read it but those young whippersnappers with their youthful eyes could.




I read them Mr. Willoughby's Christmas Tree.  I love Christmas!

4 comments:

Geri said...

Thelma you are the best. You are brightening these students days and making happy memories for life.

Marianne said...

This is so happy!

Mark Dahl said...

I love it Thelma. They are blessed to have you. Your mom

Olivia Cobian said...

What a happy little Christmas for your students!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails